This workshop will deal with reading contemporary poetry. Through these readings, the workshop will help you write, edit and work on your own poetry under the guidance of Rebecca Vedavathy, an award-winning poet and academic
- The entire course will take place online over a two-week span in the 6+1 hour format
- 6 + 1 hours of teaching, discussion, writing and feedback will take place over two weeks.
- It will cost the participant a sum total of Rs.1200/-.
- Participants will receive an e-certificate from Write Club Hyderabad at the end of the course with the signature of the facilitator.
- Participants to be 18+ years old.
- Maximum No. of Participants – 10 (first come first serve basis only)
Workshop Days: Monday, Tuesday, Friday
Workshop Time: 6 PM onwards.
Workshop Dates: 11th May, 2020 – 22nd May, 2020.
Workshop Medium: Video Call via Zoom
About the Facilitator
Rebecca Vedavathy is an award-winning poet and academic from Bangalore, India. She has won the Poetry with Prakriti Contest (2016) and shortlisted for both the Srinivas Rayaprol Poetry Prize (2018) and the Wordweaver’s Poetry Contest (2017). She was awarded the prestigious Shastri Indo-Canadian Fellowship for Doctoral Scholars in 2017.
She has been published by many national and international journals of repute among which are: Mascara Literary Review (Australia), Allegro Poetry Magazine (UK), Mana (Caesurae Collective’s Online Literary Journal), Haibun Today (USA), VAYAVYA (India), Narrow Road Literary Magazine (India), The Sunflower Collective (India) among others.
She has been invited to read her poetry at the Hyderabad Literary Festival, Nazariya International Women’s Film Festival, Lamakaan, Atta Galatta, Alliance Française de Hyderabad among others. She believes that reading is the backbone to any good writing.